One of the more popular houses in Ireland is Bantry House. It is a house that can best be described as breathing character and drama – a house of flair and grace. Built at the foot of a terraced garden, it is building that looks beautiful wherever you chance to see it – whether it be across Bantry Bay and Whiddy Island or the Caha mountains. It is a place of magnificence, like a painting come to life. The interior of Bantry House is equally beautiful, filled with elaborate French furniture, art objects and tapestries. The whole place perfectly illustrates the Baroque style. The original house was built by Samuel Hutchinson in 1720. Originally called Blackrock, it is the center or origin of the present house. Richard White, a wealthy farmer, then bought it in 1746. White then proceeded to buy up the lands surrounding Bantry – this includes large areas of the Beare Peninsula. His grandson Richard White then further expanded it the property. A series of new renovations and additions happened in the following years. 1820 saw the inclusion of a two-storey addition to the house. In 1845, a 14-bay block was constructed at the rear of the old house that was used to contain the art objects and European furnishing of the viscount at the time. Over the years, despite the series of additions to the house, it has retained its original beauty and friendly atmosphere. Travellers who want to visit Bantry House or any of the beautiful Irish tourist destinations can travel by car. Renting a car in Ireland is the best way of seeing these amazing locations. It is more convenient and affords travellers a good way of seeing Ireland from a different perspective. Car hire companies are friendly and will help tourists to fulfill their car hire preferences.
Site © 353carrental | Executive Trust Ltd (Company No: 22423)